Riff Raff the Mouse Pirate
Written by Susan Schade
Illustrated by Anne Kennedy
Ahoy, mateys . . . and mice! Riff Raff the Mouse Pirate is setting off on a treasure hunt with his cheese-loving crew, but before they can find the treasure, the bold swashbucklers must find the missing clue!
With colorful, detailed illustrations from Anne Kennedy and lively text from Susan Schade, Riff Raff the Mouse Pirate strengthens reading skills for beginning readers and young buccaneers. The mouse pirates use rhyming words to find their destinations, which help early readers recognize phonics sounds!
- What is the name of Captain Riff Raff’s boat? If you had a boat, what would you name it? Why?
- What did Blue and Brie find stuck in the grate? What did they realize when they opened it?
- Once they found the missing piece of the map, it was still missing the name of the street. They were looking for a street that started with the letters PLU. What were the street names that they encountered? Why were they not the correct streets?
- Once they found the treasure chest, what did they do?
- What was inside the treasure chest? And what did they do with it?
- You can find 3 little songs the mice sang in the last 6 pages of the book. Together with your child, add a melody to them and sing along!