Frequently Asked Questions
For Prospective Users
In what ways has the Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read program been updated from the original program?
The updated Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read program aligns with the most current Common Core Standards for Reading Foundational Skills for Kindergarten through Second Grade, including:
- Concepts of Print
- Phonological Awareness
- Letter-Sound Correspondence
- High-Frequency Word Recognition
The current version has many layers to appeal to a variety of learning styles:
- Visual learners: will benefit from videos that illustrate the concepts as well as workbooks that allow children to follow along as they watch
- Auditory learners: will enjoy silly, sing-along songs to help children remember new concepts
- Physical (Kinesthetic) learners: benefit from flash cards and suggestions for off-the-page activities using real world objects
It’s fun! The videos are silly and entertaining. The songs are silly and catchy- they make the kids want to dance. And the program is set up so that the child is rewarded at every step along the way.
The Learn to Read App + Practice Packs program features the Hooked on Phonics App, which allows kids to learn how to read on smartphones, tablets and computers (just about anywhere) with those awesome songs, videos and interactive games and e-books, as well as hands-on materials mailed to your door each month, including workbooks, 2-3 storybooks and stickers to celebrate progress. This variety of materials is perfect for modern families. A mix of convenient technology and hands-on learning for aspiring readers.
The Learn to Read Boxed Kits includes a complete curriculum, with DVDs (featuring those fun videos), robust workbooks, a library of 36 storybooks – some written by award-winning authors – that were custom-created for the purpose of setting your child up for reading success, and stickers and certificates to track progress köpa priligy.