Hooked on Phonics, the most recognized Learn to Read program in North America, is growing
rapidly and looking for a skilled problem solver to join our team as a Customer Care
Representative. We seek an enthusiastic individual who can listen carefully to customer service
issues and then offer a unique and innovative solution to each problem.
The successful candidate for this role will have a strong command of the company’s customer
service policies and be well-trained in product knowledge that can be critical for offering quick
and accurate assistance to customers. The foundation of Hooked on Phonics product is a crossdevice app so comfort, and a willingness to stay up to date with, mobile and desktop app
technology is critical.
Responsibilities and Attributes
- High comfort level with app technology
- Strong writing skills and the ability to toggle back and forth from social media to email
- Answer incoming customer calls regarding billing issues, product problems, service questions
and general subscriber concerns and questions
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with customers and working to
establish a positive rapport with every caller
- Update customer information in the customer service database during and after each call
- Work with the management team to stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of
any changes in company policies
- Impact the company’s bottom line by problem solving and turning frustrated subscribers into
long term customers.
- 2+ years of customer service experience, ideally in a direct-to-consumer and subscription
- Experience with a cloud-based Customer Service platform (ie. ZenDesk, FreshDesk, Salesforce)
- Self-motivated and directed for this 100% remote position
- Independent and courageous enough to say “yes” or “no” to subscriber requests in real time
with minimal escalation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thick skin from which unkind or irrational words from customers will roll off
Hours and Pay
Everyone at our company works as a team, covering each other to support our business
objectives in good balance with family life, outside interests and lifestyles. This is a give and take
approach which we believe is a key component of our success.
Compensation $20-25/hour commensurate with experience
- Reports to our Director of Customer Care
- Hours per week are somewhat flexible between 20 and 40. Phones must be adequately staffed
during normal business hours Monday through Friday, schedules will be posted a week in advance and are subject to change by mutual agreement.
- Email and social monitoring and responses may be done on a flexible schedule within service
- 10 hours per week paid training for the first month