30-day money-back guarantee (less shipping and processing fees).
For ages 6 to 7.
Learn to Read First Grade Level 1 is designed to help kids learn the building blocks of reading to help them become confident readers. It teaches:
- Beginning consonant blends
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, the new Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read gives children the fundamentals to become confident readers. The instructional approach and techniques used in this program are based on research and address each stage of the child’s reading development. Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read systematically builds from introducing letters to sounds, then to words and sentences, incorporating more complex sounds and blends with each step. Our program is:
- Developed using research on phonics, phonemic awareness and oral language, alphabetic knowledge and print awareness.
- Based on our learn-practice-read approach and systematic phonics instruction and now with multisensory materials.
- Built on the premise of a learning arc. Children learn to read at different stages of their development. As a result, the Learn to Read program is broken up into an educational arc that addresses each stage of the child’s reading development
- Developed in conjunction with leading educators, renowned children’s authors, and parents.
Each lesson is designed to take about 20 minutes a day.